Aircrack-ng 1.6 releases: WiFi security auditing tools suite
Aircrack-ng is an 802.11 WEP and WPA-PSK keys cracking program that can recover keys once enough data packets have been captured. aircrack-ng is an 802.11 WEP and WPA/WPA2-PSK key cracking program. It can recover the WEP key once enough encrypted packets have been captured with airodump-ng. This part of the aircrack-ng suite determines the WEP key using two fundamental methods. The first method is via the PTW approach (Pyshkin, Tews, Weinmann). The main advantage of the PTW approach is that very few data packets are required to crack the WEP key. The second method is the FMS/KoreK method. The FMS/KoreK method incorporates various statistical attacks to discover the WEP key and uses these in combination with brute force. Additionally, the program offers a dictionary method for determining the WEP key. For cracking
WPA/WPA2 pre-shared keys, a wordlist (file or stdin) or an airolib-ng has to be used.
Aircrack-ng version 1.6 releases.
This release brings a ton of improvements. Along with bug fixes for a lot of tools, we have huge improvements under the hood thanks to code cleanup, deduplication, and reorganization of the source code. Build system has been updated (and improved) and now requires autotools 1.14 or higher.
Visible changes and improvements:
- Airodump-ng now calculates rates for 802.11n/ac AP instead of being limited to 54Mbit
- WPA3 and OWE detection in Airodump-ng
- Basic UTF8 support in Airodump-ng
- PMKID detection in Airodump-ng
- Signal level is now correctly displayed when reading PCAP with Airodump-ng
- Airodump-ng can now read PCAP files in realtime
- Airmon-ng detects a few more network managers and handles the case when avahi keep getting restarted
- A lot of bug fixes in Aircrack-ng
- Airdecap-ng can decrypt both directions when WDS is used
Other notable changes:
- WPE patches updates for HostAPd and freeradius
- Integration tests: Capture and injection tests for airodump-ng, aireplay-ng, airbase-ng, and others
- Python 3 support for scripts, while still compatible with Python 2
- Added security policy
git clone https://github.com/aircrack-ng/aircrack-ng.git cd /aircrack-ng ./configure make && make install
Copyright 2009-2018 Aircrack-ng