Aircrack-ng 1.2 officially released, fix bugs & add new features
Aircrack-ng is an 802.11 WEP and WPA-PSK keys cracking program that can recover keys once enough data packets have been captured. aircrack-ng is an 802.11 WEP and WPA/WPA2-PSK key cracking program. It can recover the WEP key once enough encrypted packets have been captured with airodump-ng. This part of the aircrack-ng suite determines the WEP key using two fundamental methods. The first method is via the PTW approach (Pyshkin, Tews, Weinmann). The main advantage of the PTW approach is that very few data packets are required to crack the WEP key. The second method is the FMS/KoreK method. The FMS/KoreK method incorporates various statistical attacks to discover the WEP key and uses these in combination with brute force. Additionally, the program offers a dictionary method for determining the WEP key. For cracking
WPA/WPA2 pre-shared keys, a wordlist (file or stdin) or an airolib-ng has to be used.
Aircrack-ng 1.2 was released.
On top of tons of fixes and improvements everywhere (and on multiple platforms), this release switched to autotools which allows compiling on more platforms. A trampoline binary has been added for Aircrack-ng to automatically select the fastest version for your CPU features. It will also help package maintainers greatly.
A few other notable mentions:
- General: Fixed compiling Windows binaries and updated README.md/INSTALLING.
- General: Fixed commands to install dependencies on Debian/Ubuntu and FreeBSD.
- General: Added command to install dependencies on Fedora/CentOS/RHEL.
- General: Removed packages/ directory.
- General: Added Alpine Linux and Kali Linux buildbots.
- General: Fixed configure with –with-libpcap-include=/somewhere/include and –with-libpcap-lib=/somewhere/lib.
- General: Fixed search for ethtool when running as a non-root user.
- General: Various fixes.
- Airmon-ng: Fixed mktemp on Alpine Linux.