authelia v4.37.5 releases: The Single Sign-On Multi-Factor portal for web apps
Authelia is an open-source authentication and authorization server providing 2-factor authentication and single sign-on (SSO) for your applications via a web portal. It acts as a companion of reverse proxies like nginx, Traefik or HAProxy to let them know whether queries should pass through. An unauthenticated user is redirected to the Authelia Sign-in portal instead.
The architecture is shown in the diagram below.
Here is the list of the main available features:
- Several kinds of the second factor:
- Password reset with identity verification using email confirmation.
- Single-factor only authentication method available.
- Access restriction after too many authentication attempts.
- Fine-grained access control per subdomain, user, resource and network.
- Support of basic authentication for endpoints protected by single factor.
- Highly available using a remote database and Redis as a highly available KV store.
- Compatible with Kubernetes ingress-nginx controller out of the box.
Copyright 2019 Clément Michaud