Commix (short for [comm]and [i]njection e[x]ploiter) is an automated tool written by Anastasios Stasinopoulos (@ancst) that can be used from web developers, penetration testers or even security researchers in order to test web-based applications with the view to find bugs, errors or vulnerabilities related to command injection attacks. By using this tool, it is very easy to find and exploit a command injection vulnerability in a certain vulnerable parameter or HTTP header.
- Fixed: Multiple bug-fixes regarding several reported unhandled exceptions.
- Revised: The suffixes list has been shortly revised.
- Updated: With each commix run end users are obligated to agree with the “Legal disclaimer” prelude message.
- Fixed: Minor improvement regarding local HTTP server (for –file-upload option).
- Added: A list of extensions to exclude from crawling.
- Revised: Minor improvements regarding crawler.
- Revised: Minor update of redirection mechanism.
- Revised: Minor improvement regarding identifying the target web server.
- Revised: Minor improvement regarding identifying corrupted .pyc file(s).
- Added: New tamper script “dollaratsigns.py” that adds dollar-sign followed by an at-sign (“$@”) between the characters of the generated payloads.
- Fixed: Bug-fix regarding proxying SSL/TLS requests.
- Revised: Minor improvement regarding checking for a potentially miswritten (illegal ‘=’) short option.
- Revised: Minor improvement regarding checking for an illegal (non-console) quote and comma characters.
- Revised: Minor improvement regarding merging of tamper script arguments.
- Revised: Minor improvement regarding ignoring the parameter(s) that carrying anti-CSRF token(s) in all scanning attempts.
- Updated: Beautiful Soup (third party) module has been updated.
- Added: New tamper script “xforwardedfor.py” that appends a fake HTTP header ‘X-Forwarded-For’.
- Fixed: Minor bug-fix regarding loading tamper scripts.
- Revised: Minor improvement regarding “INJECT_HERE” tag (i.e. declaring injection position) to be case insensitive.
git clone https://github.com/commixproject/commix.git commix
Copyright (c) 2014-2018 Anastasios Stasinopoulos