conjur v1.11.6 releases: secures secrets used by privileged users and machine identities
Conjur provides secrets management and machine identity for modern infrastructure:
- Machine Authorization Markup Language (“MAML”), a role-based access policy language to define system components & their roles, privileges, and metadata
- A REST web service to:
- manage identity life cycles for humans and machines
- organize and search roles and data in your secrets infrastructure
- authorize access to resources using a sophisticated permission model
- store secrets and make them available securely
- Integrations throughout the cloud toolchain:
- infrastructure as a service (IaaS)
- configuration management
- continuous integration and deployment (CI/CD)
- container management and cloud orchestration
How Conjur Works
To use Conjur, you write policy files to enumerate and categorize the things in your infrastructure: hosts, images, containers, web services, databases, secrets, users, groups, etc. You also use the policy files to define role relationships, such as the members of each group, and permissions rules, such as which groups and machines can fetch each secret. The Conjur server runs on top of the policies and provides HTTP services such as authentication, permission checks, secrets, and public keys. You can also perform dynamic updates, such as change secret values and enroll new hosts.
- Fix bug where running
conjurctl account createwith
non-alpha-numeric passwords sent via stdin raised an error.
- The batch secret retrieval endpoint now returns a 406 Not Acceptable instead
of a 500 error when a secret with incompatible encoding is requested.
- Upgrade github-pages in docs/Gemfile to resolve CVE-2021-28834 in kramdown dependency cyberark/conjur#2099
cyberark/ubi-ruby-fipsfrom 1.0.1 to 1.0.2 to address CVE-2021-20305.
API_VERSIONcontaining the current Conjur API Version, which corresponds to a
release of the Conjur OpenAPI Spec.
- Status page details section now displays the Conjur API version.
Copyright (C) 2018 CyberArk