diskover v1.5.0-rc28 release: File system crawler, storage search engine and analytics
diskover is an open source file system crawler and disk usage software that uses Elasticsearch to index and manage data across heterogeneous storage systems. Using diskover, you are able to more effectively search and organize files and system administrators are able to manage storage infrastructure, efficiently provision storage, monitor and report on storage use, and effectively make decisions about new infrastructure purchases.
As the amount of file data generated by the business’ continues to expand, the stress on expensive storage infrastructure, users and system administrators, and IT budgets continue to grow.
Using diskover, users can identify old and unused files and give better insights into data change, file duplication and wasted space.
It is written and maintained by Chris Park (shirosai) and runs on Linux and OS X/macOS using Python 2/3.
[1.5.0-rc28] = 2019-01-11
- multiple es hosts can now be set in diskover.cfg elasticsearch section, see diskover.cfg.sample
- improved worker bot stability
- unix socket setting to redis section in diskover.cfg.sample, copy to your config and set if using redis unix socket, see diskover github wiki for more information about redis optimization for diskover
- switch to using redis connections pools
- removed redis worker ttl, remove from your diskover.cfg redis section
- removed dir calc threads for bots which was causing issues with es number of queued jobs (issue #47)
- es error with too many queued dir calc jobs (issue #47)
- diskover-web (diskover’s web file manager and analytics app)
- Redis RQ Dashboard (for monitoring redis queue)
- sharesniffer (for scanning your network for file shares and auto-mounting for crawls)
- Kibana (for visualizing Elasticsearch data, tested on Kibana 5.4.2, 5.6.4)
- X-Pack (Kibana plugin for graphs, reports, monitoring and http auth)
- Gource (for Gource visualizations of diskover Elasticsearch data, see videos above)
git clone https://github.com/shirosaidev/diskover.git pip install -r requirements.txt
Copyright 2017-2018 Chris Park