diskover v1.5.1 releases: File system crawler, storage search engine and analytics
diskover is an open-source file system crawler and disk usage software that uses Elasticsearch to index and manage data across heterogeneous storage systems. Using diskover, you are able to more effectively search and organize files and system administrators are able to manage storage infrastructure, efficiently provision storage, monitor and report on storage use, and effectively make decisions about new infrastructure purchases.
As the amount of file data generated by the business’ continues to expand, the stress on expensive storage infrastructure, users and system administrators, and IT budgets continue to grow.
Using diskover, users can identify old and unused files and give better insights into data change, file duplication and wasted space.
It is written and maintained by Chris Park (shirosai) and runs on Linux and OS X/macOS using Python 2/3.
- the auth token requirement to run diskover, learn more at https://github.com/shirosaidev/diskover/wiki/Auth-token and to sign up your account to receive your auth token at https://diskoverspace.com/diskover/
- diskover-web (diskover’s web file manager and analytics app)
- Redis RQ Dashboard (for monitoring redis queue)
- sharesniffer (for scanning your network for file shares and auto-mounting for crawls)
- Kibana (for visualizing Elasticsearch data, tested on Kibana 5.4.2, 5.6.4)
- X-Pack (Kibana plugin for graphs, reports, monitoring and http auth)
- Gource (for Gource visualizations of diskover Elasticsearch data, see videos above)
git clone https://github.com/shirosaidev/diskover.git pip install -r requirements.txt
Copyright 2017-2018 Chris Park