dnsrecon v0.9.1 releases: DNS Enumeration Script
DNSRecon is a Python port of a Ruby script that I wrote to learn the language and about DNS in early 2007. This time I wanted to learn about Python and extend the functionality of the original tool and in the process re-learn how DNS works and how could it be used in the process of a security assessment and network troubleshooting. This script provides the ability to perform:
- Check all NS Records for Zone Transfers.
- Enumerate General DNS Records for a given Domain (MX, SOA, NS, A, AAAA, SPF and TXT).
- Perform common SRV Record Enumeration.
- Top Level Domain (TLD) Expansion.
- Check for Wildcard Resolution.
- Brute Force subdomain and host A and AAAA records given a domain and a wordlist.
- Perform a PTR Record lookup for a given IP Range or CIDR.
- Check a DNS Server Cached records for A, AAAA and CNAME Records provided a list of host records in a text file to check.
- Enumerate Common mDNS records in the Local Network
- Enumerate Hosts and Subdomains using Google
- Handle when no SOA record or invalid one is returned.
- Added more TLDs to the list.
- Checks and informs on NXDomain highjacking.
git clone https://github.com/darkoperator/dnsrecon.git
pip install -r requirements.txt
Copyright (C) 2019 Carlos Perez