EndGame v2.5 releases: Onion Service DDOS Prevention Front System
EndGame – Onion Service DDOS Prevention Front System
- a front system designed to protect the core application servers on an onion service in a safe and private way.
- locally complied and locally run (no trusted or middle party).
- a combination of multiple different technologies working together in harmony (listed below).
- FREE FOR ALL TO USE!
- arguably magic ㄟ( ▔, ▔ )ㄏ
- Fully scripted and easily deploy-able (for mass scaling!) on blank Debian 10 systems.
- Full-featured NGINX LUA script to filter packets and provide a captcha directly using the NGINX layer.
- Rate limiting via Tor’s V3 onion service circuit ID system with secondary rate limiting based on a testcookie like a system.
- Easy Configuration for both local and remote (over Tor) front systems.
- Easily configurable and change-able to meet an onion service’s needs.
Endgame uses a number of open-source projects (and libraries) to work properly.
- NGINX – NGINX! A webserver obviously to provide the packet handling, threading, and proxying.
- Tor – Tor is free and open-source software for enabling anonymous communication. It’s awesome and makes all this possible.
- Vanguards – A safer onion service circuit building system (to prevent some traffic analysis attacks)
- STEM – A python controller for Tor.
- NYX – A command-line monitor for Tor (to easily check the endgame front’s Tor process.
- V3 OnionBalance – A distributed DNS round-robin like system on Tor to allow load-balancing and elimiate single points of failure.
- OpenSSL – A dependency for a lot of this projects and libraries.
- Python3 – A easy to work with programming language we use for background image generation.
- Socks NGINX – A NGINX module to allow proxying to Tor onion services directly on the NGINX layer.
- NAXSI – A high performance web application firewall for NGINX.
- Headers More – A module for better control of headers in NGINX.
- Echo NGINX – A NGINX module which allows shell style commands in the NGINX configuration file.
- LUA NGINX – The power of LUA into NGINX via a module. This allows all the scripting, packet filtering, and captcha functionality EndGame does.
- NGINX Development Kit – Development Kit for NGINX (dependency)
- LUAJIT2 NGINX – Just in time compiler for LUA.
- LUA Resty String – String functions for ngx_lua and LUAJIT2
- LUA Resty Cookie – Provides cookie manipulation
- LUA Resty Session – Provides session manipulation
- LUA Resty AES – AES Functions file for LUA. Used for shared session cookies.
- LUA GD – GD image generation bindings For LUA
- updated documentation
- load balanced Tor socks processes for more stable socks_passes
- unix listening instead of ports for performance, stability, and security
- true randomization for captcha and cookie generation
- simple queue system (time based, read below)
- various theme configuration options right on the setup file
- dependency script to get all the dependencies only once. Effectively snapshotting all dependencies preventing future dependency repo exploits in the VERY unlikely case a repo was to get compromised. Paranoia mode.
- bug fixes and various performance tunings