FastNetMon – A high-performance DoS/DDoS load analyzer built on top of multiple packet capture engines (NetFlow, IPFIX, sFLOW, SnabbSwitch, netmap, PF_RING, PCAP).
What can we do? We can detect hosts in our networks sending or receiving large volumes of packets/bytes/flows per second. We can call an external script to notify you, switch off a server, or blackhole the client.
To enable sFLOW, simply specify IP of the server running FastNetMon and specify (configurable) port 6343 To enable NetFlow, simply specify IP of the server running FastNetMon and specify (configurable) port 2055
What is a “flow” in FastNetMon terms? It’s one or multiple UDP, TCP, or ICMP connections with unique src IP, dst IP, src port, dst port, and protocol.
- Complete BGP Flow Spec support, RFC 5575
- Process and distinguish incoming and/or outgoing traffic
- Trigger block/notify script if an IP exceeds defined thresholds for packets/bytes/flows per second
- Thresholds can be configured per-subnet with the hostgroups feature
- Announce blocked IPs via BGP to routers with ExaBGP
- GoBGP integration for unicast IPv4 announcements (you need build support manually).
- Full integration with Graphite and InfluxDB
- API (you need build support manually)
- Redis integration
- MongoDB integration
- Deep packet inspection for attack traffic
- netmap support (open source; wire speed processing; only Intel hardware NICs or any hypervisor VM type)
- SnabbSwitch support (open source, very flexible, LUA drove, very-very-very fast)
- Filter NetFlow v5 flows or sFLOW packets with LUA scripts (useful for excluding particular ports)
- Supports L2TP decapsulation, VLAN untagging and MPLS processing in mirror mode
- Works on server/soft-router
- Detects DoS/DDoS in as little as 1-2 seconds
- Tested up to 10Gb with 12 Mpps on Intel i7 3820 with Intel NIC 82599
- Complete plugin support
- Captures attack fingerprints in PCAP format
- Complete support for most popular attack types
FastNetMon – High-Performance DDoS sensor software
Copyright 2017 FastNetMon LTD