hashtopolis v0.11 released: A Hashcat wrapper for distributed hashcracking
Hashtopolis is a multi-platform client-server tool for distributing hashcat tasks to multiple computers. The main goals for Hashtopolis’s development are portability, robustness, multi-user support, and multiple groups management. The application has two parts:
- Agent Multiple clients (C#, Python), easily customizable to suit any need.
- Server several PHP/CSS files operating on two endpoints: an Admin GUI and an Agent Connection Point
Aiming for high usability even on restricted networks, Hashtopolis communicates over HTTP(S) using a human-readable, hashing-specific dialect of JSON.
The server part runs on PHP using MySQL as the database backend. It is vital that your MySQL server is configured with performance in mind. Queries can be very expensive and proper configuration makes the difference between a few milliseconds of waiting and disastrous multi-second lags. The database schema heavily profits from indexing. Therefore, if you see a hint about pre-sorting your hashlist, please do so.
The web admin interface is the single point of access for all client agents. New agent deployments require a one-time password generated in the New Agent tab. This reduces the risk of leaking hashes or files to rogue or fake agents.
- Easy and comfortable to use
- Accessible from anywhere via web interface
- Server component highly compatible with common web hosting setups
- Unattended agents
- File management for word lists, rules, …
- Self-updating of both Hashtopolis and Hashcat
- Cracking multiple hashlists of the same hash type as though they were a single hashlist
- Running the same client on Windows, Linux and OS X
- Files and hashes marked as “secret” are only distributed to agents marked as “trusted”
- Many data import and export options
- Rich statistics on hashes and running tasks
- Visual representation of chunk distribution
- Multi-user support
- User permission levels
- Various notification types
- Small and/or CPU-only tasks
- Group assignment for agents and users for fine-grained access-control
- Compatible with crackers supporting certain flags
- Fixed wrong task speed summation for task overview page.
- Fixed error on hashlist hash retrieval.
- Fixed XSS on hashes view page when printing a hashlist.
- Fixed missing check for blacklisted characters when editing task.
- Fixed issue with creating a preconfigured task from the API.
- Fixed wrong rendering of forms when showing supertasks on hashlist pages.
- Fixed wrong reporting of speed on tasks overview due to cached speeds.
- Fixed wrong search value of tasks list on hashlist details page.
- Fixed missing update of cracked count for superhashlists.
- Fixed listing of hashlists and hashes of lists which should not be accessible by user.
- Temperature and util thresholds for agent status page can be configured.
- User API can provide all cracks for a given task.
- User API provides information if task is complete or not.
- User API can provide all cracks for a given hashlist.
- Support for new Hashcat versions without 32/64-bit naming.
Copyright (C) s3inlc