Kali Linux 2020.4 releases
Kali Linux is a Debian-based distribution for digital forensics and penetration testing, developed and maintained by Offensive Security. Mati Aharoni and Devon Kearns rewrote BackTrack. Kali Linux is the most versatile and advanced penetration testing tool release operating system. Kali tools are often updated and can be used on other platforms, such as VMware and ARM.
Kali Linux 2020.4 released.
- ZSH is the new default shell – We said it was happening last time, Now it has. ZSH. Is. Now. Default.
- Bash shell makeover – It may not function like ZSH, but now Bash looks like ZSH.
- Partnership with tools authors – We are teaming up with byt3bl33d3r.
- Message at login – Proactively pointing users to resources.
- AWS image refresh – Now on GovCloud. Includes Kali’s default (command line) tools again. And there is a new URL.
- Packaging Guides – Want to start getting your tool inside of Kali? This should help.
- New Tools & Updates – New Kernel and various new tools and updates for existing ones, as well as setting Proxychains 4 as default.
- NetHunter Updates – New NetHunter settings menu, select from different boot animations, and persistent Magisk.
- Win-KeX 2.5 – New “Enhanced Session Mode” brings Win-KeX to ARM devices
- Vagrant & VMware – We now support VMware users who use Vagrant.
How to update to Kali Linux 2020.4
root@kali:~# apt update && apt -y full-upgrade