Kraker v1.2 releases: distributed password brute-force system
Kraker is a distributed password brute-force system that allows you to run and manage the hashcat on different servers and workstations, focused on easy of use. There were two main goals during the design and development: to create the most simple tool for distributed hash cracking and make it fault-tolerant.
Kraker consists of two main components – a server and an agent, which communicate through a REST API. You can read about their installation and configuration below.
Kraker continues to be in development, so the new functionality, documentation, and updates will be released as they become available.
Mur-mur-hash instead of MD5.
Server is written on Laravel and provides a web interface for creating brute force tasks and also serves for managing agents.
Navigate the server IP address and enter the next credentials:
- Login: admin
- Password: kraker
It is written in .NET Core 5 and works on any OS where this framework is available – Linux, Windows, MacOS (not tested yet). The agent is responsible for performing brute-force tasks that it receives from the server.
For the agent to work on the host, you need to install .NET Core 5, which can be downloaded from the following link:
- Linux – https://docs.microsoft.com/ru-ru/dotnet/core/install/linux
- Windows – https://dotnet.microsoft.com/download/dotnet/thank-you/runtime-5.0.4-windows-x64-installer
Build from source
- Install .NET Core 5 SDK. Linux example:
- To compile agent from source code, go to agent folder and run the next command: dotnet publish –configuration Release. After that in Kracker.App/bin/Release/net5.0 folder you will get the built project.
- You need to download hashcat from the official page at https://hashcat.net/hashcat/, unpack it into the agent’s folder.
- Modify appsettings.json in Kracker.App/bin/Release/net5.0 and put ServerURL and Hashcat.Path like:
- Create a folder wordlist and rule and put there your favorite wordlist and rules.
- Run Kraker.app.exe or use the command dotnet run Kraker.app.dll
- You can copy-paste the agent folder from server to server for easy setup. Happy cracking!