MalConfScan v1.0.4 releases: Volatility plugin for extracts configuration data of known malware
MalConfScan is a Volatility plugin extracts configuration data of known malware. Volatility is an open-source memory forensics framework for incident response and malware analysis. This tool searches for malware in memory images and dumps configuration data. In addition, this tool has a function to list strings to which malicious code refers.
Supported Malware Families
MalConfScan can dump the following malware configuration data, decoded strings or DGA domains:
- Smoke Loader
- RedLeaves / Himawari / Lavender / Armadill / zark20rk
- Bebloh (Shiotob/URLZone)
- NanoCore RAT
- NodeRAT (https://blogs.jpcert.or.jp/ja/2019/02/tick-activity.html)
MalConfScan has a function to list strings to which malicious code refers. Configuration data is usually encoded by malware. Malware writes decoded configuration data to memory, it may be in memory. This feature may list decoded configuration data.
- Added support Linux memory scan (linux_malconfscan)
- Added module for AsyncRat
- Added module for ELF PLEAD
- Added module for wellmess (win and linux)
- Updated Agenttesla yara rule
- Updated support for old QuasarRAT
Copyright (C) 2015 JPCERT Coordination Center. All Rights Reserved.