Mobile Sentinel: detect vulnerabilities in deployed LTE and 5G networks
Mobile Sentinel is an Android App that allows you to detect vulnerabilities in deployed LTE and (future) 5G networks. With the current release, Mobile Sentinel focuses on the detection of the ReVoLTE vulnerability (www.revolte-attack.net). Mobile Sentinel requires a Qualcomm based Android phone with root access as it builds upon the Qualcomm’s mdlog tool.
The application includes:
- An automized test run to detect the ReVoLTE vulnerability
- A logging view to capture cellular traffic (currently RRC only) and view protocol messages in-app
- Writing the captured traffic into PCAP files
- Upload function of logs to an http server (under development)
Download the latest APK build from here and install it directly on the device.
adb install MobileSentinel.apk
Alternatively, the app can be installed directly from the device’s file system.
- Configure Log Upload Setting: This setting allows you to change the behavior for uploading the log files to the server. Options:
- Ask for Upload: Will ask after each test run if you would upload the data (Default).
- Never Upload: Will never upload the logs.
- Always Upload: Will always upload the logs.
- Change Call Number: This setting allows you to change the phone number that is called for testing. Important note: there may be a risk of expense. The default number is a german phone number.
Copyright (C) 2020 RUB-SysSec