opencspm: Open Cloud Security Posture Management Engine
Open Cloud Security Posture Management, OpenCSPM, is an open-source platform for gaining deeper insight into your cloud configuration and metadata to help understand and reduce risk over time.
Who is OpenCSPM for?
- Security teams running infrastructure in cloud environments looking to gain visibility into security risk across the entire account and track the resolution of those issues.
- Development and Infrastructure teams looking for a set of security best-practices to follow as they develop new systems and bake security in early and often.
- Red Teams wanting to create targeted scenarios specific to their environment with the highest impact and benefit to their Blue Team.
- Any organization looking to establish a baseline of security issues, prioritize them by risk and track them to closure over time.
What does OpenCSPM do?
When deployed inside your environment, it can:
- collect several types of cloud configuration data on a one-time or recurring basis from your cloud account resources (VMs, Clusters, IAM, etc),
- parse and load that data into a graph database with deep linked relationships between resources to support advanced querying capabilities,
- run a customizable series of policy checks to determine conformance and record passing/failing resources on a recurring basis,
- create custom groupings of related policy checks that aid in tracking remediation efforts and reduction in risk over time,
- and provide notifications when deviations from desired baselines occur to multiple destinations.
- Structured configuration and metadata are collected from the GCP Cloud Asset Inventory and Kubernetes API to a Storage Bucket or local filesystem.
- The data is parsed and loaded into a Graph Database with complex relationships intact.
- One or more customizable sets of policy checks (“control packs”) are run against the parsed inventory data, and results are stored.
- The API/Engine serves up the user interface, handles tracking of campaigns, and notifications.
Copyright (c) 2020 Darkbit, LLC