parsec-cloud v2.3 releases: Secure cloud framework
- Works like a virtual drive on your computer. You can access and modify all the data stored in Parsec with your regular software just like you would on your local hard-drive.
- Never lose any data. Synchronization with the remote server never destroys any data, hence you can browse data history and recover from any point in time.
- Client-side cryptographic security. Data and metadata are only visible by you and the ones you choose to share with.
- Cryptographic signature. Each modification is signed by its author making it trivial to identify modifications.
- Cloud provider agnostic. The server provides connectors for S3 and Swift object storage.
- Simplified enrollment. New user enrollment is as simple as sharing a link and a token code.
Parsec is divided between a client (responsible for exposing data to the user and provide an encryption layer) and a server (storing the encrypted data and notifying clients about other users-activity such as data modification or new sharing).
- Allow read access to a workspace during a re-encryption. (#1650)
- Fixed Dock icon behaviour on MacOS when app was closed with red X. (#1519)
- Fix the server’s stucking while it waits for a peer. (#1625)
- Added filename normalization to fix conflicts on special characters on MacOS. (#1645)
- Fix confusing dialog when logging out with an on-going reencryption. (#1663)
- Fix some blinking with the workspace buttons, especially while doing a reencryption. (#1665)
- Enforce NFC string normalization for organization/device/user/entry id and human handle. (#1708)
- Fix an issue with fuse mounpoints on linux where the shutdown procedure might block forever (#1716)
Miscellaneous internal changes
- Update CLI command parsec core bootstrap_organization to accept params for human/device label/email. (#1674)
- Improve synchronization performance by running the block uploads in parallel (#1678)
- Improve Windows installer for smaller size and faster install time. Also fix uninstall when previous version has been installed in a custom location. (#1690)
Copyright 2016-2020, Scille SAS Revision ac4a39ae.