pytest-monitor v1.6.5 releases: Pytest plugin for analyzing resource usage
Pytest-monitor is a pytest plugin designed for analyzing resource usage.
Thanks to pytest-monitor, you can check resource consumption in particular through continuous integration, as this is done by monitoring the consumption of test functions. These tests can be functional (as usual) or be dedicated to resource consumption checks.
- Analyze your resources consumption through test functions:
- memory consumption
- time duration
- CPU usage
- Keep a history of your resource consumption measurements.
- Compare how your code behaves between different environments.
Examples of use cases include technical stack updates and code evolutions.
Technical stack updates
In the Python world, libraries often depend on several packages. By updating some (or all) of the dependencies, you update code that you do not own and therefore do not control. Tracking your application’s resource footprint can prevent unwanted resource consumption, and can thus validate the versions of the packages that you depend on.
Extending your application with new features, or fixing its bugs, might have an impact on the core of your program. The performance of large applications or libraries can be difficult to assess, but by monitoring resource consumption, pytest-monitor allows you to check that despite code updates, the performance of your code remains within desirable limits.
- #60 : add the ability to force the CPU frequency when psutil cannot resolve it through environment variables
- #58 : better psutil fallback handling
Install && Use
Copyright (c) 2020 Capital Fund Management