Recaf is an open-source Java bytecode editor based on Objectweb’s ASM. ASM is a library that abstracts away the constant pool and class-file attributes. Since keeping track of the constant pool or managing proper stackframes are no longer necessary, complex changes can be made with relative ease. With additional features to assist in the process of editing Recaf is the most feature-rich free bytecode editor available.
- ASM – Class editing abilities
- CFR – Decompilation
- Simple-Memory-Compiler – Recompilation of decompiled code
- JIMFS – Virtual file system
- ControlsFX – Custom controls (Used in pretty much everything)
- RichTextFX – Decompiler code highlighting
- JRegex – Pattern matching for decompiler code highlighting
- minimal-json – Json reading/writing for config storage
- Commonmark – Markdown parsing
- picocli – Command line argument parsing
The plugin API has been replaced. The old system was based on old mechanics that worked, but were not intuitive for most people. This new setup is much simpler. The docs page on plugin development has been updated to reflect these changes.
Note: Existing plugins will not be loaded and will require minor changes in order to support the new system.
Copyright (c) 2017-2018 Matthew Coley