retoolkit 2022.04 releases: Reverse Engineer’s Toolkit
Reverse Engineer’s Toolkit
This is a collection of tools you may like if you are interested in reverse engineering and/or malware analysis on x86 and x64 Windows systems. After installing this toolkit you’ll have a folder on your desktop with shortcuts to RE tools like these:
Why do I need it?
You don’t. Obviously, you can download such tools from their own website and install them by yourself in a new VM. But if you download retoolkit, it can probably save you some time. Additionally, the tools come pre-configured so you’ll find things like x64dbg with a few plugins, command-line tools working from any directory, etc. You may like it if you’re setting up a new analysis VM.
|Tools by category|
|PE resources editors|
- Bewareircd: Too specific to analyze (now rare?) IRC-based communications.
- dnSpy: Replaced by dnSpyEx.
- HyperDBG: It’s a nice project, but they don’t provide binary releases yet, meaning a lot of work for me.
- JRE: Replaced by JDK, which is required by Ghidra.
- Threadtear: It doesn’t work with JDK required by Ghidra.
Copyright (C) 2021 merces