RustScan v2.1 releases: Find all open ports fast with Rustscan
Turns a 17 minutes Nmap scan into 19 seconds.
Find all open ports fast with Rustscan, automatically pipe them into Nmap.
Note: Version 1.1 runs in 8 seconds with batch size 10,000, version 1 runs in ~26 seconds on 1k threads, or average 1 – 2 minutes. I am updating the other package, but for maximum speed and latest support please use Cargo.
- Scans all 65k ports in 8 seconds (on 10k batch size).
- Saves you time by automatically piping it into Nmap. No more manual copying and pasting!
- Does one thing and does it well. Only purpose is to improve Nmap, not replace it!
- Let’s choose what Nmap commands to run, or uses the default.
🔭 Why RustScan?
Why spend time running fast scans and manually copying the ports, or waiting for a 20 minute scan to finish when you can just do all 65k ports in less than a minute?
RustScan running in 8 seconds and finding all open ports out of 65k.
📊 RustScan vs Nmap vs MassScan
|Realizes it’s not useful and pipes the only useful data into the only useful port scanner||✅||❌||❌|
🎯 Increasing speed/accuracy
- Batch size This increases speed, by allowing us to process more at once. Something experimental I am working on is changing the open file limit. You can do this manually with ulimit -n 70000 and then running rustscan with -B 65535. This should scan all 65535 ports at the exact same time. But this is extremely experimental.
For non-experimental speed increases, slowly increase the batch size until it no longer gets open ports, or it breaks.
- Accuracy (and some speed) To increase accuracy, the easiest way is to increase the timeout. The default is 1.5 seconds, by setting it to 4 seconds (4000) we are telling RustScan “if we do not hear back from a port in 4 seconds, assume it is closed”.
- Supports M1 Macs 🎉
- Update Cargo.lock file to support latest version of Rust (#435) @bee-san
- Update tui.rs (#396) @0dayCTF
- Bump futures from 0.3.7 to 0.3.13 (#358) @dependabot-preview
- Bump rlimit from 0.5.2 to 0.5.4 (#360) @dependabot-preview
- Bump cidr-utils from 0.5.0 to 0.5.1 (#367) @dependabot-preview
- Bump anyhow from 1.0.34 to 1.0.40 (#368) @dependabot-preview
- Bump serde from 1.0.117 to 1.0.124 (#361) @dependabot-preview
- Partially fix #362: Fix examples (#363) @thomasqueirozb
- Scripting engine arguments. Scan engine errors. (#325) @bergabman
- Bump env_logger from 0.8.1 to 0.8.2 (#317) @dependabot-preview
Copyright (C) 2020 brandonskerritt