seeker v1.0.9 releases: Find GeoLocation with High Accuracy
Seeker Hosts a fake website on Apache Server and uses Ngrok to generate an SSL link which asks for Location Permission and if the user allows it, we can get :
- Altitude – Not always available
- Direction – Only available if a user is moving
- Speed – Only available if a user is moving
Along with Location Information, we can also get Device Information without any permissions :
- Operating System
- Number of CPU Cores
- Amount of RAM – Approximate Results
- Screen Resolution
- GPU information
- Browser Name and Version
- Public IP Address
This tool is purely a Proof of Concept and is for Educational Purposes Only, Seeker shows what data a malicious website can gather about you and your devices and why you should not click on random links and allow critical permissions such as Location etc.
- Other tools and services offer IP Geolocation which is not very accurate and does not give a location of a user.
- Generally, if a user accepts location permission, Accuracy of the information received is accurate to approximately 30 meters.
Note: On iPhone due to some reason location accuracy is approximately 65 meters.
Copyright (C) 2018 thewhiteh4t