shodan eye: collects all information about all devices that are directly connected to the internet
This tool collects all information about all devices that are directly connected to the internet with the specified keywords that you enter. This way you get a complete overview.
The types of devices that are indexed can vary enormously: from small desktops, refrigerators to nuclear power plants and everything in between. You can find everything using “your own” specified keywords. Examples can be found in a file that is attached:
The information obtained with this tool can be applied in many areas, a small example:
- Network security, keep an eye on all devices in your company or at home that is confronted with the internet.
- Vulnerabilities. And so much more.
Is a search engine that lets the user find specific types of computers (webcams, routers, servers, etc.) connected to the internet using a variety of filters. Some have also described it as a search engine of service banners, which are metadata that the server sends back to the client.
What is the difference between Google or another search engine: The most fundamental difference is that Shodan Eye crawls on the internet, Google on the World Wide Web. However, the devices that support the World Wide Web are only a small part of what is actually connected to the Internet.
I also want to make you aware that:
- This was written for educational purpose and pentest only.
- The author will not be responsible for any damage ..!
- The author of this tool is not responsible for any misuse of the information.
- You will not misuse the information to gain unauthorized access.
- This information shall only be used to expand knowledge and not for causing malicious or damaging attacks.
- Performing any hacks without written permission is illegal ..!
For additional data gathering, you can enter a Shodan API key when prompted. A Shodan API key can be found here.
git clone https://github.com/BullsEye0/shodan-eye.git
pip install -r requirements.txt
Copyright (C) 2019 BullsEye0