sparrow-wifi: Next-Gen GUI-based WiFi and Bluetooth Analyzer for Linux
sparrow-wifi – Graphical WiFi Analyzer for Linux
Sparrow-wifi has been built from the ground up to be the next generation 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz Wifi spectral awareness tool. At its most basic it provides a more comprehensive GUI-based replacement for tools like inSSIDer and linssid that runs specifically on Linux. In its most comprehensive use cases, sparrow-wifi integrates wifi, software-defined radio (hackrf), advanced Bluetooth tools (traditional and Ubertooth), traditional GPS (via gpsd), and drone/rover GPS via mavlink in one solution.
Written entirely in Python3, Sparrow-wifi has been designed for the following scenarios:
- Basic wifi SSID identification
- Wifi source hunt – Switch from normal to hunt mode to get multiple samples per second and use the telemetry windows to track a wifi source
- 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz spectrum view – Overlay spectrums from Ubertooth (2.4 GHz) or HackRF (2.4 GHz and 5 GHz) in real time on top of the wifi spectrum (invaluable in poor connectivity troubleshooting when overlapping wifi doesn’t seem to be the cause)
- Bluetooth identification – LE advertisement listening with standard Bluetooth, a full promiscuous mode in LE and classic Bluetooth with Ubertooth
- Bluetooth source hunt – Track LE advertisement sources or iBeacons with the telemetry window
- iBeacon advertisement – Advertise your own iBeacons
- Remote operations – An agent is included that provides all of the GUI functionality via a remote agent the GUI can talk to.
- Drone/Rover operations – The agent can be run on systems such as a Raspberry Pi and flown on a drone (its made several flights on a Solo 3DR), or attached to a rover in either GUI-controlled or autonomous scan/record modes.
- The remote agent is JSON-based so it can be integrated with other applications
- Import/Export – Ability to import and export to/from CSV and JSON for easy integration and revisualization. You can also just run ‘iw dev scan’ and save it to a file and import that as well.
- Produce Google maps when GPS coordinates are available for both discovered SSID’s / Bluetooth devices or to plot the wifi telemetry over time.
Copyright (C) 2017 ghostop14