terrascan: Detect compliance and security violations across Infrastructure as Code
Detect compliance and security violations across Infrastructure as Code to mitigate risk before provisioning cloud-native infrastructure.
- 500+ Policies for security best practices
- Scanning of Terraform 12+ (HCL2)
- Scanning of Kubernetes YAML/JSON
- Support for AWS, Azure, GCP, Kubernetes, and GitHub
Terrascan’s architecture is built to be modular to facilitate adding IaC languages and policies. At a high-level it is composed of the following architectural components: a command-line interface, API server, runtime, pluggable IaC providers, pluggable policy engine, notifier, and writer.
- Command Line Interface = Provides CLI input to Terrascan.
- API Server = Provider input to Terrascan through an API.
- Runtime = Performs input validation and process inputs
- IaC Providers = Converts IaC language into normalized JSON
- Policy Engine = Applies policies against normalized JSON
- Notifier = Providers webhooks for results of Terrascan scans.
- Writer = Writes results into various formats like JSON, YAML, or XML.
Copyright 2020 Accurics, Inc.