Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17672 released
If you are on the Fast channel of the Windows Insider project, you can now view and receive updates. Today, Microsoft released the Windows 10 Insider Preview Build 17672 for Fast channel users. There is only one update for Windows Security.
Windows 10 Build 17672 major update reflected in Windows Security improvements.
Windows Security Improvements
The Windows Security Center (WSC) service now requires antivirus products to run as a protected process to register. Products that have not yet implemented this will not appear in the Windows Security UI, and Windows Defender Antivirus will remain enabled side-by-side with these products.
For testing purposes, you can disable this new behavior in Windows Insider builds by creating the following registry key and rebooting the device. This key will be removed as we get closer to release.
DisableAvCheck (DWORD) = 1
- fixed the issue causing PCs to appear stuck at “Preparing to install…” somewhere between the 80%-100% in Windows Update when attempting to install a new build.
- fixed an issue where right-clicking to copy text in Microsoft Edge didn’t work in recent flights.
- fixed an issue with structuredquery.dll resulting some users experiencing a cyclical explorer.exe crash.
- fixed an issue resulting in the two-finger gesture to dismiss all notifications not working in the Action Center.
- fixed an issue resulting in the Korean IME sometimes entering duplicate characters when typing into text fields in certain websites in Microsoft Edge.