Top 4 based-Linux Operating Systems for Privacy & Anonymity 2020
With the development of the Internet, personal information is becoming more and more transparent. For preventing the leak information, many security teams are interested in developing your anonymous protection of the operating system. Here are the anonymous based-Linux Operating Systems which you should use.
- Qubes OS
Qubes OS is a security-oriented operating system (OS). The OS is the software that runs all the other programs on a computer. Some examples of popular OSes are Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, Android, and iOS. Qubes is free and open-source software (FOSS). This means that everyone is free to use, copy, and change the software in any way. It also means that the source code is openly available so others can contribute to and audit it.
- WhonixWhonix is based on Virtual Box, Debian GNU / Linux, and Tor anonymous common operating system. It realistically addresses attacks while maintaining usability. It makes online anonymity possible via fail-safe, automatic, and desktop-wide use of the Tor network. A heavily reconfigured Debian base is run inside multiple virtual machines, providing a substantial layer of protection from malware and IP leaks. Pre-installed, pre-configured applications are ready for use, and installing additional applications or personalizing the desktop will in no way jeopardize the user. Whonix is the only actively developed OS designed to be run inside a VM and paired with Tor. Whonix consists of two virtual machines: one of the virtual machines running Tor, acting as a gateway, so-called Whonix-Gateway; another virtual machine called Whonix-Workstation, work in a completely isolated network, connect all through Tor Transit. The same way you want to stay safe at your home, you’re can stay safe when you online.
- Linux Kodachi3
Linux Kodachi operating system is based on Debian 8.6 it will provide you with a secure, anti-forensic, an anonymous operating system considering all features that a person who is concerned about privacy would need to have in order to be secure.
Kodachi is very easy to use all you have to do is boot it up on your PC via USB drive then you should have a fully running operating system with established VPN connection + Tor Connection established + DNScrypt service running. No setup or Linux knowledge is required from your side we do it all for you. The entire OS is functional from your temporary memory RAM so once you shut it down no trace is left behind all your activities are wiped out.
- TailsTails is a Live operating system, can be installed on the CD, U disk, and SD card. It is a Tor-based Linux operating system that automatically runs Tor after it does not store any data from the local system.
It aims at preserving your privacy and anonymity and helps you to:
- use the Internet anonymously and circumvent censorship; all connections to the Internet are forced to go through the Tor network;
- leave no trace on the computer you are using unless you ask it explicitly;
- use state-of-the-art cryptographic tools to encrypt your files, emails and instant messaging.