The Pop!_OS 18.04 released: Based on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS
Pop! _OS, the recently released Linux distribution for the well-known Linux notebook maker System76, is based on the Ubuntu and GNOME desktop environments and aims to provide users with a personalized and fresh experience. Although based on the GNOME desktop environment, System76 customizes user interfaces, drivers, and more, with a modern, simple look and a better user experience.
The creative and functional focus of Pop! _OS is aimed at professional users, making Linux desktops more productive and a great helper for engineers, developers, and computer scientists.
The Pop!_OS developer recently released the Pop!_OS 18.04 ISO image. This version includes the following features:
- Pop! artwork in the installer
- Custom partitioning
- Dual boot support through custom partitioning
- Do Not Disturb mode that quiets notifications
- Power profile picker in the user menu to quickly toggle between maximum and balanced performance and battery saver modes.
- NVIDIA Optimus switching built into the user menu
- Battery indicator improved to display additional charge levels
- Indented system menu sub-menu items for better information hierarchy
- Pop! artwork in Pop!_Shop
- Full disk encryption by default
- USB Flasher utility to create startup drives
- Better contrast in the light version of the theme
- Dark theme background colors are more neutral