Windows Server 2019 Build 17713 Release
Only one week after the release of Windows Server 2019 Insider Preview Build 17709, Microsoft rereleased the Build 17713 update today, along with the same version of the Windows 10 SDK. This version update does not include any new features, mainly to enable Windows Server 2012 R2 and Windows Server 2016 to upgrade the system more smoothly and enhance application compatibility.
Microsoft officials did not list what fixed in the update log but listed the known issues. Including:
- NEW] Server Core App Compatibility FoD Preview 17713 for Windows Server Core is not available due to a blocking installation failure.
- On a recent preview release of Server Core, the Advanced Query Syntax (AQS) parser may fail if the default language and locale are changed to something other than US English. If the AQS parser is not working, search functionality in Exchange does not work.
- Creating or modifying environment variables by using setx fails on a system running in a Nano Container (that is, Nano Server as a container image). On an affected system, setx requires a specific path in the registry, HKCU\Environment\, to exist by default. You can work around this issue by changing where the variable is stored in the registry, or you can add the expected registry path before executing setx commands. To specify that the variable be set for system-wide use in HKLM rather than in HKCU, the default, add the /M switch to a setx command. To instead add the expected registry path, run reg add HKCU\Environment before executing setx commands.
- The Virtual Machine Management Service (VMMS) may experience an error, APPLICATION_FAULT_INVALID_POINTER_READ, in Cluster Manager.
- Editing or creating policies for AppLocker can cause the MMC snap-in to crash when generated rules for a packaged app.
This version will retire on December 14th and is therefore not suitable for use in a production environment. You can download Windows Server 2019 Insider Preview build 17713 here.