The goal of ActivityWatch is simple: Enable the collection of as much valuable lifedata as possible without compromising user privacy.
We’ve worked towards this goal by creating an application for safe storage of the data on the user’s local machine and as well as a set of watchers which record data such as:
- Currently active application and the title of its window
- Currently active browser tab and its title and URL
- Keyboard and mouse activity, to detect if you are afk or not
It is up to you as a user to collect as much as you want, or as little as you want (and we hope some of you will help write watchers so we can collect more).
Note: ActivityWatch is under development. There is still work to be done so we provide it with no guarantees with the hope that others may wish to help and give their feedback!
You can read more on our website.
|User owns data||GUI||Sync||Open Source|
|App & Window Title||AFK||Browser Extensions||Editor Plugins||Extensible|
|WakaTime||❌||✅||✅||✅||Only for text editors|
- The lowest version of Python supported for building ActivityWatch is now 3.6
- Fixed PyInstaller-built releases on Windows
Installation & Usage
Please see the Getting started guide in the documentation.