checkov v2.3.276 releases: Prevent cloud misconfigurations during build-time for Terraform, Cloudformation, Kubernetes
Checkov is a static code analysis tool for infrastructure-as-code. It scans cloud infrastructure provisioned using Terraform, Cloudformation, or kubernetes and detects security and compliance misconfigurations.
Checkov is written in Python and provides a simple method to write and manage policies. It follows the CIS Foundations benchmarks where applicable.
- Over 1000 built-in policies cover security and compliance best practices for AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud.
- Scans Terraform, Terraform Plan, CloudFormation, Kubernetes, Dockerfile, Serverless framework, and ARM template files.
- Supports Context-awareness policies based on in-memory graph-based scanning.
- Supports Python format for attribute policies and YAML format for both attribute and composite policies.
- Detects AWS credentials in EC2 Userdata, Lambda environment variables, and Terraform providers.
- Identifies secrets using regular expressions, keywords, and entropy-based detection.
- Evaluates Terraform Provider settings to regulate the creation, management, and updates of IaaS, PaaS or SaaS managed through Terraform.
- Policies support the evaluation of variables to their optional default value.
- Supports in-line suppression of accepted risks or false positives to reduce recurring scan failures. Also supports global skip from using CLI.
- Output currently available as CLI, JSON, JUnit XML, and github markdown and link to remediation guides.
- arm: ARM and bicep checks for CKV_AZURE_121 – #5029
- terraform: Ensure Application Gateway defines secure SSL protocols CKV_AZURE_217, 218 – #5027
- terraform: Ensure Azure firewall sets threatintelMode to Deny – #5013
- terraform: Ensure firewall defines a policy – #5038
- terraform: Ensure Firewall policy has IDPS mode as deny – #5039
- dockerfile: support platform flag in CKV_DOCKER_11 – #5170
- terraform: support condition in IAM policy data blocks – #5171
- terraform: Unable to download Terraform modules from JFrog Artifactory – #5155
Install && Use
Copyright 2019 Bridgecrew