Cloud Katana: Unlocking Serverless Computing to Assess Security Controls
Cloud Katana is a cloud-native tool developed from the need to automate the execution of simulation steps in multi-cloud and hybrid cloud environments. This tool is an event-driven, serverless compute application built on the top of Azure Functions that expedites the research process and assessment of security controls. We are currently covering use cases in Azure, but we are working on extending it to other cloud providers.
- A serverless execution model
- Compute on-demand as a web API
- YAML based format to document attacker actions
- Orchestrated stateful execution
- Secure authentication and authorization
- Managed identity integration
- Granular access control
- Programming language agnostic clients
- Cloud and on-prem coverage
Install & Use
Copyright (c) Microsoft Corporation.