CTFd v2.4.3 releases: Capture The Flag framework
What is CTFd?
CTFd is a Capture The Flag framework focusing on ease of use and customizability. It comes with everything you need to run a CTF and it’s easy to customize with plugins and themes.
- Create your own challenges, categories, hints, and flags from the Admin Interface
- Static & Regex based flags
- Users can unlock hints for free or with points
- File uploads to the server or Amazon S3
- Limit challenge attempts & hide challenges
- Automatic submission throttling
- Scoreboard with automatic tie resolution
- Hide Scores from the public
- Freeze Scores at a specific time
- Dynamic Scoring
- Scoregraphs comparing the top 10 teams and team progress graphs
- Markdown content management system
- SMTP + Mailgun email support
- Email confirmation support
- Forgot password support
- Automatic competition starting and ending
- Team management & hiding
- Customize everything using the plugin and theme interfaces
- Importing and Exporting of CTF data for archival
- And a lot more…
- Notifications/Events endpoint will now immediately send a ping instead of waiting a few seconds.
import_ctf()reliability by closing all connections before dropping & recreating database
- Close database session in IP tracking code in failure situations to avoid potential dangling database connections
- Don’t allow backups to be imported if they do not have a
import_ctf()process slightly to import built-in tables first and then plugin tables
- Handle exception where a regex Flag is invalid
- File deletion endpoint (
DELETE /api/v1/files/[file_id]) will now correctly delete the associated file
CTFd.plugins.get_plugin_names()to get a list of available plugins
CTFd.plugins.migrations.current()to get the current revision of a plugin migration
CTFd.plugins.migrations.upgrade()to be able to upgrade to a specific plugin migration
- Run plugin migrations during import process
- Update jQuery to v3.5.1 to fix mobile hamburger menu
- Upgrade some dependencies in yarn lockfile
- Fix invalid team link being generated in
- Fix sending of user creation notification email
- Fix button to remove users from teams
- git clone https://github.com/CTFd/CTFd.git
- Run ./prepare.sh to install dependencies using apt.
- Modify CTFd/config.py to your liking.
- Use python serve.py in a terminal to drop into debug mode.
- Here are some deployment options
- You can check out the Getting Started guide for a breakdown of some of the features you need to get started.
Copyright 2015-present CTFd LLC