CTFd v2.1.3 releases: Capture The Flag framework
What is CTFd?
CTFd is a Capture The Flag framework focusing on ease of use and customizability. It comes with everything you need to run a CTF and it’s easy to customize with plugins and themes.
- Create your own challenges, categories, hints, and flags from the Admin Interface
- Static & Regex based flags
- Users can unlock hints for free or with points
- File uploads to the server or Amazon S3
- Limit challenge attempts & hide challenges
- Automatic submission throttling
- Scoreboard with automatic tie resolution
- Hide Scores from the public
- Freeze Scores at a specific time
- Dynamic Scoring
- Scoregraphs comparing the top 10 teams and team progress graphs
- Markdown content management system
- SMTP + Mailgun email support
- Email confirmation support
- Forgot password support
- Automatic competition starting and ending
- Team management & hiding
- Customize everything using the plugin and theme interfaces
- Importing and Exporting of CTF data for archival
- And a lot more…
- Fix issue with downloading files after CTF end when
- Sort solves in admin challenge view by date
- Link to appropriate user and challenge in team, user, and challenge pages
- Redirect to
/challengesafter a user registers in team mode
- Fixes bug where pages marked as
pages.htmlin the Admin Panel to fix the delete button
- Add UI to handle team member removal in Admin Panel
- Fixes account links on the scoreboard page created by
update(). They now correctly point to the user instead of undefined when in user mode.
utils._get_configwill now return
Noneto avoid cache misses
--worker-tmp-dirin gunicorn in Docker
get_placecode for users and teams.
- Cache the
/scoreboardpage to avoid having to rebuild the response so often
- Make unprivileged
ctfduser usable for mysql connection in docker-compose by having the db image create the database instead of CTFd
- Fix bug causing apache2 + mod_wsgi deployments to break
- Endpoint was unused so the API change is considered non-breaking.
/api/v1/[users,teams]/[me,id]/[solves,fails,awards]into seperate API endpoints
- Clear standings cache after award creation/deletion
- Temporarily disable foreign keys in MySQL, MariaDB, and Postgres during
/admin/exportto prevent the browser from caching the export
- Fix score changing test helpers to clear standings cache when generating a score changing row
- git clone https://github.com/CTFd/CTFd.git
- Run ./prepare.sh to install dependencies using apt.
- Modify CTFd/config.py to your liking.
- Use python serve.py in a terminal to drop into debug mode.
- Here are some deployment options
- You can check out the Getting Started guide for a breakdown of some of the features you need to get started.
Copyright 2015-present CTFd LLC