CTFd v2.1.2 releases: Capture The Flag framework
What is CTFd?
CTFd is a Capture The Flag framework focusing on ease of use and customizability. It comes with everything you need to run a CTF and it’s easy to customize with plugins and themes.
- Create your own challenges, categories, hints, and flags from the Admin Interface
- Static & Regex based flags
- Users can unlock hints for free or with points
- File uploads to the server or Amazon S3
- Limit challenge attempts & hide challenges
- Automatic submission throttling
- Scoreboard with automatic tie resolution
- Hide Scores from the public
- Freeze Scores at a specific time
- Dynamic Scoring
- Scoregraphs comparing the top 10 teams and team progress graphs
- Markdown content management system
- SMTP + Mailgun email support
- Email confirmation support
- Forgot password support
- Automatic competition starting and ending
- Team management & hiding
- Customize everything using the plugin and theme interfaces
- Importing and Exporting of CTF data for archival
- And a lot more…
- Fix freeze time regressions in 2.x
/api/v1/[users,teams]/[me]/[solves,fails,awards]endpoints load as admin so users can see their solves after freeze
/api/v1/challenges/[id]/solvesonly show solves before freeze time
- Add the
?preview=trueGET parameter for admins to preview challenges solves as a user
- Add the
- Team join attempts are now ratelimited
- More linting and autoformatting rules
prettier --write 'CTFd/themes/**/*'
- Format Python with
make lintand thus Travis now include the above commands as lint checks
- Travis now uses xenial instead of trusty.
- git clone https://github.com/CTFd/CTFd.git
- Run ./prepare.sh to install dependencies using apt.
- Modify CTFd/config.py to your liking.
- Use python serve.py in a terminal to drop into debug mode.
- Here are some deployment options
- You can check out the Getting Started guide for a breakdown of some of the features you need to get started.
Copyright 2015-present CTFd LLC