Dejavu Beta-V8 releases: Open Source Deception Framework
DejaVU – Open Source Deception Framework
DejaVu is an open source deception framework which can be used to deploy decoys across the infrastructure. This could be used by the defender to deploy multiple interactive decoys (HTTP Servers, SQL, SMB, FTP, SSH, client-side – NBNS) strategically across their network on different VLAN’s. To ease the management of decoys, we have built a web-based platform which can be used to deploy, administer and configure all the decoys effectively from a centralized console. Logging and alerting dashboard displays detailed information about the alerts generated and can be further configured on how these alerts should be handled. If certain IP’s like in-house vulnerability scanner, SCCM etc. needs to be discarded, this can be configured which effectively would mean very few false positives.
Alerts only occur when an adversary is engaged with the decoy, so now when the attacker touches the decoy during reconnaissance or performs authentication attempts this raises a high accuracy alert which should be investigated by the defence. Decoys can also be placed on the client VLAN’s to detect client-side attacks such as responder/LLMNR attacks using client-side decoys. Additionally, common attacks which the adversary uses to compromise such as abusing Tomcat/SQL server for initial foothold can be deployed as decoys, luring the attacker and enabling detection.
- Host OS: Primary OS hosting the DejaVU virtual box. Note: the Primary host can be OS independent Windows/Linux and can be based on corporate hardening guidelines.
- DejaVu Virtual Box: Debian based image containing open source deception framework to deploy multiple interactive decoys (HTTP Servers, SQL, SMB, FTP, SSH, client-side – NBNS).
- Management Interface – An interface to access the web-based management console. (Recommended to be isolated from the internal network.)
- Decoy Interface – Trunk/Access interface for inbound connections from different networks towards the interactive decoys. (Recommended to block outbound connections from this interface)
- Virtual Interfaces – Interfaces bridged with decoy interface to channel traffic towards the decoys.
- Server Dockers – Docker-based service containers – HTTP(Tomcat/Apache), SQL, SMB, FTP, SSH
- Client Dockers – Docker-based client container – NBNS client
- Management Console (Web + DB) – A centralized console to deploy, administer and configure all the decoys effectively along with logging and alerting dashboard to display detailed information about the alerts generated.
- New functionality
- Syslog server configuration (Settings >> Update Syslog Details)
- Introduced event management to manage generated threat events (Log Management >> List events)
- Bug fixes
Copyright (C) 2018 bhdresh