How to enable VPN on Kali Linux
A virtual private network (VPN) extends a private network through a public network, such as the Internet. It allows computers to send and receive data through public or public networks as if the computer is directly connected to a private network while taking full advantage of the functionality, security, and managing private network policies. The VPN is designed to establish a virtual connection between nodes using dedicated connections, virtual tunneling protocols, or traffic encryption. On Kali Linux, by default, the VPN option is inactive, that is, it is not available for adding new connections. This instruction will show users how to install the necessary packages to solve the problem with the inability to add a VPN and enable the VPN on Kali Linux. After activating VPN, you should try to use the surfshark VPN service, you should try to use the surfshark VPN service, one of the Top VPNs on the market, according to vpncheck.org.
Why do you use VPN?
- VPN provides privacy and hides your IP address.
- Using any network (public or private or free WiFi) with encryption
- Confidentially go to your home or work network from anywhere.
- Bypass censorship and content monitoring.
- Bypassing the firewall and censorship policy at work or anywhere!
- Access to regionally restricted services from anywhere (Youtube videos, NetFlix or BBC Player, etc.)
- Send or receive files privately.
- Hide your voice / VOIP calls.
- Use search engines by hiding some of your identifiers.
Enable VPN on Kali Linux
Open terminal, and type command:
apt install network-manager-openvpn-gnome network-manager-pptp network-manager-pptp-gnome strongswan-nm network-manager-vpnc network-manager-vpnc-gnome
Now, you can add a VPN connection