FatDog64 Linux 720 releases, update kernel 4.14.6 and more…
Fatdog64 Linux is a small yet versatile 64-bit multi-user Linux distribution. Originally created as a “fatter” (=more built-in applications) derivative of Puppy Linux, Fatdog has grown to become an independent, mature 64-bit Linux distribution while still keeping true to Puppy Linux spirit: small, fast and efficient.
At around 350MB, Fatdog boots up to a complete desktop environment ready for use. Most applications needed for everyday use is already included.
- Seamonkey browser (Gecko-based like Firefox)
- Universal HTML email client (Seamonkey Mail)
- Versatile media player (VLC)
- Bit torrent client (Transmission)
- Word processing (LibreOffice Writer)
- Spreadsheet (LibreOffice Calc)
- PDF/PS/Djvu reader (Evince)
- PDF annotation (Xournal)
- Graphics editor (GIMP)
- Scanning system (Xsane, Peasyscan)
- Printing System (CUPS)
- CD/DVD/Bluray burner (PBurn)
- Remote connection clients (RDP, VNC, SSH)
- File sharing servers (Samba, FTP, HTTP)
- Text editor – IDE (Geany)
- HTML editor (Seamonkey Composer)
And much more included, with more in its package repositories.
Fatdog is versatile: Use is a Live CD (or Live USB), or install it. Installation requires *no* re-partitioning. Fatdog can store its settings in your existing partition: FAT, Ext2/3/4, NTFS partitions are supported, as well as CIFS shares and LVM and mdadm partitions; on your hard disk, USB flash drive, or DVD+RW. PXE-booting Fatdog is easy – only two files are required.
Fatdog ISO is a dual-isohybrid ISO:
- burn it to CD/DVD to make a bootable CD, or
- “dd” it to a USB flash drive to make a bootable flash drive
In either case, the resulting CD/DVD or USB flash drive will boot on standard systems, UEFI systems, and systems with Secure Boot enabled (Windows 8).
Fatdog64 720 Final has been released.
- Linux 4.14.6
- WpaGui now supports wired Ethernet and static IP configuration
- Complimentary Wifi monitor (Fatdog Wireless Antenna)
- A much improved SFS Manager
- libinput now drives all Xorg inputs (replacing evdev and Synaptics)
- LICK Installer included in the ISO (thanks, noryb009)
- Updated and expanded Help and FAQs documents.