grafana v7.3 beta 1 releases: open-source platform for monitoring and observability
Grafana allows you to query, visualize, alert on, and understand your metrics no matter where they are stored. Create, explore, and share dashboards with your team and foster a data-driven culture:
- Visualize: Fast and flexible client-side graphs with a multitude of options. Panel plugins for many different ways to visualize metrics and logs.
- Dynamic Dashboards: Create dynamic & reusable dashboards with template variables that appear as dropdowns at the top of the dashboard.
- Explore Metrics: Explore your data through ad-hoc queries and dynamic drilldown. Split view and compare different time ranges, queries and data sources side by side.
- Explore Logs: Experience the magic of switching from metrics to logs with preserved label filters. Quickly search through all your logs or streaming them live.
- Alerting: Visually define alert rules for your most important metrics. Grafana will continuously evaluate and send notifications to systems like Slack, PagerDuty, VictorOps, OpsGenie.
- Mixed Data Sources: Mix different data sources in the same graph! You can specify a data source on a per-query basis. This works for even custom datasources.
Changelog v7.3 beta 1
- CloudWatch: The AWS CloudWatch data source’s authentication scheme has changed. See the upgrade notes for details and how this may affect you.
Features / Enhancements
- Alerting: Add labels to name when converting data frame to series. #28085, @kylebrandt
- Alerting: Ensuring LINE Notify notifications are sent for all alert states. #27639, @haraldkubota
- Auth: Add SigV4 auth option to datasources. #27552, @wbrowne
- AzureMonitor: Pass through null values instead of setting 0. #28126, @kylebrandt
- Cloud Monitoring: Out-of-the-box dashboards. #27864, @papagian
- CloudWatch: Add support for AWS DirectConnect virtual interface metrics and add missing dimensions. #28008, @jgulick48
- CloudWatch: Adding support for Amazon ElastiCache Redis metrics. #28040, @jgulick48
- CloudWatch: Adding support for additional Amazon CloudFront metrics. #28069, @darrylsepeda
- CloudWatch: Re-implement authentication. #25548, @aknuds1,@patstrom
- Dashboard: Allow shortlink generation. #27409, @MisterSquishy
- Docker: OpenShift compatability. #27813, @xlson
- Elasticsearch: Support multiple pipeline aggregations for a query. #27945, @simianhacker
- Explore: Allow shortlink generation. #28222, @ivanahuckova
- Explore: Remove collapsing of visualisations. #27026, @ivanahuckova
- FieldColor: Adds new standard color option for color. #28039, @torkelo
- Gauge: Improve text sizing and support non threshold color modes. #28256, @torkelo
- NamedColors: Named colors refactors. #28235, @torkelo
- Panel Inspect: Allow CSV download for Excel. #27284, @tomdaly
- Prometheus: Add time range parameters to labels API. #27548, @kakkoyun
- Snapshots: Store dashboard data encrypted in the database. #28129, @wbrowne
- Table: New cell hover behavior and image cell display mode. #27669, @torkelo
- Timezones: Include IANA timezone canonical name in TimeZoneInfo. #27591, @dprokop
- Tracing: Add Tempo data source. #28204, @aocenas
- Transformations: Add Concatenate fields transformer. #28237, @ryantxu
- Transformations: improve the reduce transformer. #27875, @ryantxu
- Users: Expire old user invites. #27361, @wbrowne
- Variables: Adds loading state and indicators. #27917, @hugohaggmark
- Variables: Adds support for key/value mapping in Custom variable. #27829, @sartaj10
- grafana/toolkit: expose Jest maxWorkers arg for plugin test & build tasks. #27724, @domasx2
- Azure Analytics: FormatAs Time series groups bool columns wrong. #27713
- Azure: Fixes cancellation of requests with different Azure sources. #28180, @hugohaggmark
- BackendSrv: Reloads page instead of redirect on Unauthorized Error. #28276, @hugohaggmark
- Dashboard: Do not allow users without edit permission to a folder to see new dashboard page. #28249, @torkelo
- Dashboard: Fixed issue accessing horizontal table scrollbar when placed at bottom of dashboard. #28250, @torkelo
- DataProxy: Add additional settings for dataproxy to help with network proxy timeouts. #27841, @kahinton
- Database: Adds new indices to alert_notification_state and alert_rule_tag tables. #28166, @KarineValenca
- Explore: Fix showing of Prometheus data in Query inspector. #28128, @ivanahuckova
- Explore: Show results of Prometheus instant queries in formatted table. #27767, @ivanahuckova
- Graph: Prevent legend from overflowing container. #28254, @jackw
- OAuth: Fix token refresh failure when custom SSL settings are configured for OAuth provider. #27523, @billoley
- Plugins: Let descendant plugins inherit their root’s signature. #27970, @aknuds1
- Runtime: Fix handling of short-lived background services. #28025, @ahlaw
- TemplateSrv: Fix interpolating strings with object variables. #28171, @torkelo
- Variables: Fixes so constants set from url get completed state. #28257, @hugohaggmark
- Variables: Prevent adhoc filters from crashing when they are not loaded properly. #28226, @mckn
Copyright 2015 Grafana Labs