hashview v0.7.4-beta releases: web front-end for password cracking & analytics
Hashview is a tool for security professionals to help organize and automate the repetitious tasks related to password cracking. Hashview is a web application that manages hashcat (https://hashcat.net) commands. Hashview strives to bring consistency in your hashcat tasks while delivering analytics with pretty pictures ready for ctrl+c, ctrl+v into your reports.
- Hashcat installed and working (https://hashcat.net/hashcat/)
- Hashcat installed and working (just double checking)
- A working RVM environment (https://rvm.io/rvm/install)
Changelog v0.7.4 beta
- Added new Analytics portlet “charset breakdown”
- Extended Masks list to be to 10 instead of top 4.
- Added Hashfile to Job listings
- Added ability to create new tasks mid job creation. New tasks are automatically applied to the job.
- Added new wordlist type (dynamic). These wordlists are dynamic as in they are ever changing based on outside conditions.
- Newly imported hashfiles automatically trigger and generate a corresponding dynamic wordlist.
- Added more info for Tasks and Wordlists, now you can easily see which tasks are assigned to what job, and what wordlists are assigned to what tasks.
- Added dynamic chunking! Now each agent will work on chunks based off of their computed benchmarks.
- Added fail check when hashfile fails import and loads a hashfile of 0/0.
- Added ability to create task group ( a predefined set of tasks for easy job assignment)
- Added ability to perform pre/post shell commands per task (Thanks: https://github.com/dmaasland)
- The Last Updated value for jobs has been changed to Job Owner. This value is no longer updated when a user edits a job.
- Updated Gems and Base Ruby to 2.4.4 (Thanks https://github.com/HugoPouliquen)
- Removed Smart Wordlists in favor Customer/Hashfile/All dynamic wordlists.
- Fixed issue where homepage fails to render if remote agents dont checkin
- Fixed issue when reordering tasks.
- Fixed bug where getBusy? function was incorrectly citing if hashview was busy.
- Now prevents the creation of a job with no tasks assigned.
- Fixed time run calculation bug used in hashfiles
- Fixed bug where keyspace was improperly being calculated for new task when hashcat was actively running.
- Fixed bug where rule name was not properly displaying in jobs listing
- Fixed bug where hashfiles were failing to delete as they were falsely reporting as being associated to a job.
- Fixed bug where emails were not sending on job completion (Thanks: https://github.com/dmaasland)
Install mysql & Redis
Optimize the database (on ubuntu 16.10 /etc/mysql/mysql.conf.d/mysqld.conf)
Add the following line under the [mysqld] section: