Intel Owl v1.2 releases: analyze files, domains, IPs in multiple ways
Do you want to get threat intelligence data about a file, an IP or a domain?
Do you want to get this kind of data from multiple sources at the same time using a single API request?
You are in the right place!
This application is built to scale out and to speed up the retrieval of threat info.
It can be integrated easily in your stack of security tools to automate common jobs usually performed, for instance, by SOC analysts manually.
Intel Owl is composed of analyzers that can be run to retrieve data from external sources (like VirusTotal or AbuseIPDB) or to generate intel from internal analyzers (like Yara or Oletools)
This solution is for everyone who needs a single point to query for info about a specific file or observable (domain, IP, URL, hash).
- full Django-python application
- easily and completely customizable, both the APIs and the analyzers
- clone the project, set up the configuration and you are ready to run
Free internal modules available
- Static Doc Analysis
- Static RTF Analysis
- Static PDF Analysis
- Static PE Analysis
- Static Generic File Analysis
- Strings analysis
- PE Signature verification
Free modules that require additional configuration
- Cuckoo (requires at least one working Cuckoo instance)
- MISP (requires at least one working MISP instance)
- Yara (Community, Neo23x0 and Intezer rules are already available. There’s the chance to add your own rules)
External services available
required paid or trial api key
- GreyNoise v2
required paid or free api key
- VirusTotal v2 + v3
- Farsight DNSDB
- Hunter.io – Email Hunting
required free api key
- AlienVault OTX
needed access request
- CIRCL PassiveDNS + PassiveSSL
without api key
- Fortiguard URL Analyzer
- GreyNoise Alpha API v1
- Talos Reputation
- Tor Project
- Abuse.ch MalwareBazaar
- Abuse.ch URLhaus
- Active DNS
- Integrations for analyzers: Capa by FireEye, Box-JS and APKiD. All of these are available as optional analyzers which can be enabled as per user’s need.
- Fix for issue #129. Now supports max length of 128 chars so
SHA256/512hashes can be scanned.
- Refactoring and various bug fixes in Docker based optional analyzers, especially the logging issue.
flush_expired_tokenscron schedule from every 6h to 3h. So the user’s DB is not cluttered.
- Cleaner log messages throughout analyzer related functions.
Copyright (C) 2019 Matteo Lodi