Intel Owl v3.1 releases: analyze files, domains, IPs in multiple ways
Do you want to get threat intelligence data about a file, an IP, or a domain?
Do you want to get this kind of data from multiple sources at the same time using a single API request?
You are in the right place!
This application is built to scale out and to speed up the retrieval of threat info.
It can be integrated easily in your stack of security tools to automate common jobs usually performed, for instance, by SOC analysts manually.
Intel Owl is composed of analyzers that can be run to retrieve data from external sources (like VirusTotal or AbuseIPDB) or to generate intel from internal analyzers (like Yara or Oletools)
This solution is for everyone who needs a single point to query for info about a specific file or observable (domain, IP, URL, hash).
- Provides enrichment of threat intel for malware as well as observables (IP, Domain, URL, and hash).
- This application is built to scale out and to speed up the retrieval of threat info.
- It can be integrated easily in your stack of security tools (pyintelowl) to automate common jobs usually performed, for instance, by SOC analysts manually.
- Intel Owl is composed of analyzers that can be run to retrieve data from external sources (like VirusTotal or AbuseIPDB) or to generate intel from internal analyzers (like Yara or Oletools)
- API is written in Django and Python 3.7.
- Inbuilt frontend client: IntelOwl-ng provides features such as dashboard, visualizations of analysis data, easy to use forms for requesting new analysis, etc. Live Demo.
Available services or analyzers
|Inbuilt modules||External Services||Free modules that require additional configuration|
|– Static Document, RTF, PDF, PE, Generic File Analysis
– Strings analysis with ML
– PE Emulation with Speakeasy
– PE Signature verification
– PE Capabilities Extraction
– Android Malware Analysis
– SPF and DMARC Validator
|– GreyNoise v2
– Intezer Scan
– VirusTotal v2+v3
– AlienVault OTX
– many more..
|– Cuckoo (requires at least one working Cuckoo instance)
– MISP (requires at least one working MISP instance)
– Yara (Community, Neo23x0, Intezer and McAfee rules are already available. There’s the chance to add your own rules)
- Update PyIntelOwl to version 4.1.0.
- Introducing IntelOwl Official Parternship & Sponsorship Tiers.
- IntelOwl now has an official integration in Tines templates.
REST API changes:
- Request Body:
md5attribute. Will now be calculated on server.
tags_idattribute in favor of
tags_labels. Previously, the
tags_idattribute would accept a list of tag indices, now the
tags_labelsaccepts a list of tag labels (non-existing
Tagobjects are created automatically with a randomly generated color).
observable_classificationattribute is now optional. If not passed, the application tries to guess the correct classification using regular expressions.
- Response Body: now also returns a
connectors_runningattribute that is a list of connectors executed for the specific job.
- Request Body:
- Added default parameters to
entrypoint_flower.shto allow retrocompatibility.
- Fixes in documentation.
- Bump some dependencies.
Copyright (C) 2019 Matteo Lodi