Kwort Linux 4.3.3 release: a modern and fast Linux distribution
Kwort is a modern and fast Linux distribution that combines powerful and useful applications in order to create a simple system for advanced users who finds a strong and effective desktop. Kwort is based on CRUX, so it’s robust, clean and easy to extend.
- Linux kernel 4.14.40. New toolchain with glibc 2.27, gcc 7.3.0 and binutils 2.29.1.
- New kpkg has some new features and new documented (in the man page) variables to make it less error prone and more automated.
- Official kdb file is now included in the kpkg package, so no need to download it and install it manually anymore.
- Chromium 65.0.3325.181. Brave 0.22.22 available in the mirror. Firefox has been left out.
- Kwort-choosers package are a new in-house tool to implements user interaction with dmenu for choosing browsers or interacting with mocp.
As usual, I would like to thank the people who helps making Kwort on every step they help:
- The infrastructure maintainers, PGHosting (this site and master server) and Ricardo Brisighelli for the package mirror at UNR.
- Andreas Schipplock who is now paying for kwort.org domain.
- Gonzalo Navarro for doing such a great job on testing the different releases candidates we had till get to final and building packages. Gonzalo is also going to host a package mirror with different software (lechuck.kdb).
- The CRUX folks for developing it, as it’s Kwort’s base.
Source, Image: kwort