packet agent v0.5.5 releases: toolset for network packet capture, forwarding and analysis
Netis Packet Agent
Netis Packet Agent is an open-source project to deal with such a situation: it captures packets on Machine A but has to use them on Machine B. This case is very common when you try to monitor network traffic in the LAN but the infrastructure is incapable, for example
- There is neither a TAP nor SPAN device in a physical environment.
- The Virtual Switch Flow Table does not support the SPAN function in a virtualization environment.
Also, this project aims at developing a suite of low-cost but high-efficiency tools to survive the challenge above.
- pktminerg is the very first one, which makes you easily capture packets from a NIC interface, encapsulate them with GRE and send them to a remote machine for monitoring and analysis.
With 3 utilities:
- pcapcompare is a utility for comparing 2 different pcap files.
- gredump is used for capturing GRE packets with filters and save them to a pcap file.
- gredemo is a demo app which is used to read packets from a pcap file and send them all to remote NIC. This can be only used when built from source code.
- Add “–expression” parameter in the cmd line
Copyright (c) 2018, Netis Technologies Co., Ltd. All rights reserved.