Netrunner Rolling 2018.08, based-on Manjaro Distro
Netrunner is a Linux operating system for desktop computers, netbooks and ARM microcomputers. It uses the Plasma desktop environment.
The Desktop version ships with a complete set of pre-installed software for everyday use.
The Core version allows you to build up your own system or run it on low-spec hardware like arm-boards.
Netrunner Rolling is based on Arch/Manjaro, whereas Netrunner Desktop and Core are both Debian-based.
Netrunner is using KDE Plasma and tuning it to be as snappy and responsive as possible. We actively sponsor development of Plasma’s core and new components are included in Netrunner early on, for example:
– Simplemenu and Dash
– Task-Manager with Expanding Icons
– Desktop Workspace (icons on a clean desktop, no overlays)
– Hot-Spot “Show Desktop” in lower right corner
– Auto-started KWallet
– Simplified System Settings
– Firefox-ESR and Thunderbird with Plasma Integration
– Unified Look for KDE and non-KDE-applications via GTK-Configuration
Minimum System Reqirements
- CPU 1.6-GHz Intel Atom
- RAM 1GB
- Hard Drive Size 15GB
- Graphics Card Intel GMA 945
- Video Memory 128MB
- If you want to try Netrunner in VirtualBox, please make sure to allocate 1.5 GB RAM.
Netrunner Rolling 2018.08.
- KDE Plasma 5.13.3
- KDE Frameworks 5.48
- KDE Applications 18.04
- Qt 5.11.1
- Linux Kernel 4.17
- Firefox Quantum 61.0
- Thunderbird 52.5
- and many more…