OWASP Mutillidae II 2.11.4 releases: OWASP Mutillidae II Web Pen-Test Practice Application
OWASP Mutillidae II is a free, open-source, deliberately vulnerable web application providing a target for the web-security enthusiast. Mutillidae can be installed on Linux and Windows using LAMP, WAMP, and XAMMP. It is pre-installed on SamuraiWTF and OWASP BWA. The existing version can be updated on these platforms. With dozens of vulnerabilities and hints to help the user; this is an easy-to-use web hacking environment designed for labs, security enthusiasts, classrooms, CTF, and vulnerability assessment tool targets. Mutillidae has been used in graduate security courses, corporate web sec training courses, and as an “assess the assessor” target for vulnerability assessment software.
- Has over 40 vulnerabilities and challenges. Contains at least one vulnerability for each of the OWASP Top Ten 2007, 2010 and 2013
- Actually Vulnerable (User not asked to enter “magic” statement)
- Mutillidae can be installed on Linux, Windows XP, and Windows 7 using XAMMP making it easy for users who do not want to install or administrate their own web server. Mutillidae is confirmed to work on XAMPP, WAMP, and LAMP.
- Installs easily by dropping project files into the “htdocs” folder of XAMPP.
- Will attempt to detect if the MySQL database is available for the user
- Preinstalled on Rapid7 Metasploitable 2, Samurai Web Testing Framework (WTF), and OWASP Broken Web Apps (BWA)
- Contains 2 levels of hints to help users get started
- Includes bubble-hints to help point out vulnerable locations
- Bubble-hints automatically give more information as hint level incremented
- System can be restored to default with a single click of “Setup” button
- User can switch between secure and insecure modes
- Secure and insecure source code for each page stored in the same PHP file for easy comparison
- Provides data capture page and stores captured data in database and file
- Allows SSL to be enforced in order to practice SSL stripping
- Used in graduate security courses, incorporate web sec training courses, and as an “assess the assessor” target for vulnerability software
- Mutillidae has been tested/attacked with Cenzic Hailstorm ARC, W3AF, SQLMAP, Samurai WTF, Backtrack, HP Web Inspect, Burp-Suite, NetSparker Community Edition, and other tools
- Instructional Videos: http://www.youtube.com/user/webpwnized
- Updates tweeted to @webpwnized
- Updated frequently
- Project Whitepaper
Updated RFI lab instructions
git clone https://github.com/webpwnized/mutillidae.git