Scout Suite is a multi-cloud security auditing tool, which enables assessing the security posture of cloud environments. Using the APIs exposed by cloud providers, Scout gathers configuration data for manual inspection and highlights risk areas. Rather than pouring through dozens of pages on the web consoles, Scout provides a clear view of the attack surface automatically.
Scout Suite is stable and actively maintained, but a number of features and internals may change. As such, please bear with us as we find time to work on, and improve the tool. Feel free to report a bug with details (please provide console output using the –debug argument), request a new feature, or send a pull request.
The latest (and final) version of Scout2 can be found in https://github.com/nccgroup/Scout2/releases andhttps://pypi.org/project/AWSScout2. Further work is not planned for Scout2. Fixes will be implemented in Scout Suite.
The following cloud providers are currently supported/planned:
- Amazon Web Services
- Google Cloud Platform (beta)
- Azure (early alpha)
- Python 2.7 and 3.4 have been deprecated
- The whole resources fetching architecture was refactored (see the documentation for more details) and AWS and Azure were migrated to that new architecture
- A new flag was added (
--max-workers) which allows specifying the exact number of workers (threads) Scout will use. This will replace
--thread-config, which is less verbose. The new flag can be used with Azure and AWS only as GCP has not yet been refactored.
- Performance was improved
- The logging system was refactored
- A Resources summary page was added (available through the top-right menu)
- UI improvements were made
- Bugs were fixed
- Some (AWS) resources that were not used for findings or surface attack analysis have been removed
subscriptions(already included in topics)
Install via pip:
$ pip install scoutsuite
Install from source:
$ git clone https://github.com/nccgroup/ScoutSuite $ cd ScoutSuite $ virtualenv -p python3 venv $ source venv/bin/activate $ pip install -r requirements.txt $ python Scout.py --help
Copyright (C) 2018 nccgroup