trivy v0.10.1 releases: A Simple and Comprehensive Vulnerability Scanner for Containers, Suitable for CI
A Simple and Comprehensive Vulnerability Scanner for Containers, Suitable for CI
Trivy (tri pronounced like trigger, vy pronounced like envy) is a simple and comprehensive vulnerability scanner for containers. Trivy detects vulnerabilities of OS packages (Alpine, RHEL, CentOS, etc.) and application dependencies (Bundler, Composer, npm, yarn, etc.). Trivy is easy to use. Just install the binary and you’re ready to scan. All you need to do for scanning is to specify an image name of the container.
It is considered to be used in CI. Before pushing to a container registry, you can scan your local container image easily.
- Detect comprehensive vulnerabilities
- OS packages (Alpine, Red Hat Universal Base Image, Red Hat Enterprise Linux, CentOS, Debian, and Ubuntu)
- Application dependencies (Bundler, Composer, Pipenv, npm, yarn, and Cargo)
- Easy installation
- No need for pre-requirements such as the installation of DB, libraries, etc.
brew installis possible (See Installation)
- High accuracy
- Especially Alpine Linux and RHEL/CentOS (See Comparison with other scanners)
- Other OSes are also high
- Suitable for CI such as Travis CI, CircleCI, Jenkins, etc.
- See CI Example
The unfixed/unfixable vulnerabilities mean that the patch has not yet been provided on their distribution.
|OS||Supported Versions||Target Packages||Detection of unfixed vulnerabilities|
|Alpine Linux||2.2 – 2.7, 3.0 – 3.10||Installed by apk||NO|
|Red Hat Universal Base Image||7, 8||Installed by yum/rpm||YES|
|Red Hat Enterprise Linux||6, 7, 8||Installed by yum/rpm||YES|
|CentOS||6, 7||Installed by yum/rpm||YES|
|Debian GNU/Linux||wheezy, jessie, stretch, buster||Installed by apt/apt-get/dpkg||YES|
|Ubuntu||12.04, 14.04, 16.04, 18.04, 18.10, 19.04||Installed by apt/apt-get/dpkg||YES|
Copyright (C) 2019 Teppei Fukuda (knqyf263)