unshackle: Open-source tool to bypass Windows and Linux passwords
unshackle – Password Bypass Tool
Unshackle is an open-source tool to bypass Windows and Linux user passwords from a bootable USB based on Linux.
- Easy to use
- Support Windows
- Simple CLI
- Support Linux
To use Unshackle, you need:
- Unshackle ISO
- USB pen drive
- Download the Unshackle ISO from the releases.
- Download etcher (recommended).
- Use Rufus to burn the ISO to your USB drive.
- Boot from the USB and select Unshackle.
- Choose your OS (Windows or Linux).
- Let the process finish, then reboot your system.
- For Windows, press Shift five times on the lock screen.
Linux support is in beta, so expect bugs. You need to disable secure boot in the motherboard settings. The uninstall command for Windows has a bug (99% of the time) that causes it to fail, but you can manually uninstall it.
Copyright (C) 2023 Fadi002