vector v0.27 releases: High-Performance, Logs, Metrics, & Events Router
Vector is a high-performance, end-to-end (agent & aggregator) observability data pipeline that puts you in control of your observability data. Collect, transform, and route all your logs, metrics, and traces to any vendors you want today and any other vendors you may want tomorrow. Vector enables dramatic cost reduction, novel data enrichment, and data security where you need it, not where is most convenient for your vendors. Additionally, it is open source and up to 10x faster than every alternative in the space.
- Reduce total observability costs.
- Transition vendors without disrupting workflows.
- Enhance data quality and improve insights.
- Consolidate agents and eliminate agent fatigue.
- Improve overall observability performance and reliability.
|TCP to Blackhole||86mib/s||n/a||64.4mib/s||27.7mib/s||40.6mib/s||n/a||n/a|
|File to TCP||76.7mib/s||7.8mib/s||35mib/s||26.1mib/s||3.1mib/s||40.1mib/s||39mib/s|
|TCP to HTTP||26.7mib/s||n/a||19.6mib/s||<1mib/s||2.7mib/s||n/a||n/a|
|TCP to TCP||69.9mib/s||5mib/s||67.1mib/s||3.9mib/s||10mib/s||70.4mib/s||7.6mib/s|
3 new features
- Support for a new metric tag data model that supports a wider range of tags than the simple key/value pairs previously allowed including tags that are not key/value as well as tag keys that appear multiple times, with different values. See the release highlight for more details about this feature and how to enable it.
- Vector has added support for tracking component memory allocations to help users understand which components may be allocating more memory than expected. This is an opt-in feature, due to ~20% performance overhead, available by passing
--allocation-tracingwhen running Vector. When enabled, the
internal_metricssource will publish new
component_deallocated_bytes_totalmetrics. These are will then also be viewable in
encode_base16functions were added to VRL for interacting with base16 encoding. Thanks to WilliamApted-Org for contributing this change!
Copyright 2019, Vector Authors. All rights reserved.