vector v0.5 releases: High-Performance, Logs, Metrics, & Events Router
Vector is a high-performance observability data router. It makes collecting, transforming, and sending logs, metrics, and events easy. It decouples data collection & routing from your services, giving you control and data ownership, among many other benefits.
Built-in Rust, Vector places high-value on performance, correctness, and operator friendliness. It compiles to a single static binary and is designed to be deployed across your entire infrastructure, serving both as a light-weight agent and a highly efficient service, making the process of getting data from A to B simple and unified.
- Fast – Built in Rust, Vector is fast and memory efficient. No runtime. No garbage collector.
- Correct – Obsessed with getting the details right.
- Vendor Neutral – Does not favor a specific storage. Fair, open, with the user’s best interest in mind.
- Agent Or Service – One simple tool to get data from A to B. Deploys as an agent or service.
- Logs, Metrics, or Events – Logs, metrics, and events. Collect, unify, and ship all observability data.
- Clear Guarantees – A guarantee support matrix helps you understand your tradeoffs.
- Easy To Deploy – Cross-compiles to a single static binary with no runtime.
- Hot Reload – Reload configuration on the fly, without skipping a beat.
|TCP to Blackhole||86mib/s||n/a||64.4mib/s||27.7mib/s||40.6mib/s||n/a||n/a|
|File to TCP||76.7mib/s||7.8mib/s||35mib/s||26.1mib/s||3.1mib/s||40.1mib/s||39mib/s|
|TCP to HTTP||26.7mib/s||n/a||19.6mib/s||<1mib/s||2.7mib/s||n/a||n/a|
|TCP to TCP||69.9mib/s||5mib/s||67.1mib/s||3.9mib/s||10mib/s||70.4mib/s||7.6mib/s|
clickhousesink: Add support for basic auth (#937)
elasticsearchsink: Add support for tls options (#953)
kafkasink: Add support for tls (ssl) (#912)
kafkasink: Use pkcs#12 keys instead of jks (#934)
- new sink: Initial
- new source: Initial
dockersource implementation (#787)
- observability: Add rate limited debug messages (#971)
- observability: Show information about why a retry needs to happen (#835)
- security: Unify the different tls options (#972)
Copyright 2019, Vector Authors. All rights reserved.