WALB: raspberry Pi and HackRF based Wireless Attack LaunchBox.
What is WALB ?
- WALB is a Raspberry Pi2/Pi3 and HackRF based lunch box sized portable RF signal generator.
- The intended purpose of the WALB development is to test or demonstrate the security issue of wireless devices and location based applications.
- By preparing a I/Q binary data, it is possible to generate any signal in the frequency range available to HackRF.
- For GPS and ADS-B, real time signal generator module is included in WALB.
- It uses HackRF as a SDR unit with enhanced GPS-SDR-SIM for GPS signal generation.
- It has a 8×2 LCD and a rotary encoder with two color LED and a push switch for the operation of WALB.
- Since WALB works with battery powered, you can use it any where you like.
- Adding new simulation scenario or signal generation, it can be achieved by SSH login and simply edit the menu items using your favorite text editor.
- By preparing the binary I / Q signal file of 8 bit signed, you can generate arbitrary RF signals.
- To do so, you simply need to edit and add TEXT menu items specifying the filename of I/Q file, frequency, and sample rate.
- If you prepare an external program to generate the I / Q signal in real time,you can also add the program and/or script in the menu.
- You can set or chose GPS spoofing scenario by predefined location and/or date & time.
You need to install GPS-SDR-SIM,HackRF host tools, and WireringPi on RaspberryPi.
Rapsberry Pi3 is highly recomended for better performance of the real time signal generation.
It requires apache2 and php5 if you wish to use web based UI.
The installation instruction links are as follows.
Additional info to control hackrf via HTTP server.
Wireless Attack Launch Box operation demo. (Length: 3 minutes)
* Real time GPS signal generation by WALB. (Length: 2 minutes)
* GPS time spoofing demo intended to test GPS week number rollover issue. (Length: 140 seconds)
* ADS-B replay attack demo.( Length: 2 minites)