aleph v3.12.2 releases: find the people and companies you look for
Aleph is a tool for indexing large amounts of both documents (PDF, Word, HTML) and structured (CSV, XLS, SQL) data for easy browsing and search. It is built with investigative reporting as a primary use case. Aleph allows cross-referencing mentions of well-known entities (such as people and companies) against watchlists, e.g. from prior research or public datasets.
Here are some key features:
- Web-based search across large document and data sets.
- Imports many file formats, including popular office formats, spreadsheets, email and zipped archives. Processing includes optical character recognition, language and encoding detection and named entity extraction.
- Load structured entity graph data from databases and CSV files. This allows navigation of complex datasets like companies registries, sanctions lists or procurement data. Import tools for OpenSanctions. are included.
- Receive notifications for new search matches with a personal watchlist.
- OAuth authorization and access control on a per-source and per-watchlist basis.
The Aleph UI is now available in French.
Fix search handler on Aleph homescreen
Upgrade followthemoney to 2.8.5
Upgrade followthemoney to 2.8.4 in UI
Upgrade alembic to 1.7.7
Upgrade urllib to 1.26.9
Upgrade sqlalchemy to 1.4.32
Upgrade normality to 2.3.1
Upgrade servicelayer to 1.19.0
Upgrade flask to 2.0.3
Copyright (c) 2014-2015 Friedrich Lindenberg
Copyright (c) 2016-2017 Journalism Development Network, Inc.