Empire 3.3.3 releases: PowerShell & Python post-exploitation agent
Empire 3.0 is a post-exploitation framework that includes a pure-PowerShell 2.0 Windows agent, and compatibility with Python 2.x/3.x Linux/OS X agents. It is the merger of the previous PowerShell Empire and Python EmPyre projects. The framework offers cryptologically-secure communications and a flexible architecture. On the PowerShell side, Empire implements the ability to run PowerShell agents without needing powershell.exe, rapidly deployable post-exploitation modules ranging from key loggers to Mimikatz, and adaptable communications to evade network detection, all wrapped up in a usability-focused framework. PowerShell Empire premiered at BSidesLV in 2015 and Python EmPyre premiered at HackMiami 2016. BC-Security presented updates to further evade Microsoft Antimalware Scan Interface (AMSI) and JA3/S signatures at DEF CON 27.
Empire relies heavily on the work from several other projects for its underlying functionality. We have tried to call out a few of those people we’ve interacted with heavily here and have included author/reference link information in the source of each Empire module as appropriate. If we have failed to properly cite existing or prior work, please let us know at Empire@BC-Security.org.
- Added get_gpo_computer module – #271 (@byt3bl33d3r)
- Added port forwarding module – #265 (@snovvcrash)
- Updated HTTP/HTTP_com listeners to closer resemble IIS 7.5 – #277 (@adamczi)
- Updated lateral movements (invoke_smbexec/invoke_dcom/invoke_executemsbuild/invoke_wmi) to include option for custom commands – #247 (@Invoke-Mimikatz)
- Updated Mimikatz 2.2.0 20200809 AzureAd x-ms-RefreshTokenCredential & DPAPI everywhere – #279 (@Cx01N)
- Fixed issue with duplicate results in db – #266 (@byt3bl33d3r)
- Fixed empty token issue in API – #274 (@vinnybod)
- Fixed missing keyword argument in ETWBypass – #273 (@Cx01N)
git clone https://github.com/BC-SECURITY/Empire.git
Copyright (c) 2017, Will Schroeder, Justin Warner, Matt Nelson, Steve Borosh, Alex Rymdeko-Harvey, Chris Ross
All rights reserved.