Infection Monkey v1.7 released: An automated pentest tool
The Infection Monkey is an open-source security tool for testing a data center’s resiliency to perimeter breaches and internal server infection. The Monkey uses various methods to self-propagate across a data center and reports success to a centralized Command and Control(C&C) server.
The Infection Monkey is comprised of two parts:
- Monkey – A tool which infects other machines and propagates to them
- Monkey Island – A C&C server with a dedicated UI to visualize the Chaos Monkey’s progress inside the data center
To read more about the Monkey, visit http://infectionmonkey.com
The Infection Monkey uses the following techniques and exploits to propagate to other machines.
- Multiple propagation techniques:
- Predefined passwords
- Common logical exploits
- Password stealing using mimikatz
- Multiple exploit methods:
- Elastic Search (CVE-2015-1427)
- Merge pull request #455 from guardicore/release/1.7
- Release/1.7.0 – Zero Trust, ATT&CK, and others
Copyright (c) 2017 Guardicore Ltd