mitmproxy v8.1 releases: An interactive TLS-capable intercepting HTTP proxy
mitmproxy is an interactive, SSL-capable intercepting proxy with a console interface.
mitmdump is the command-line version of mitmproxy. Think tcpdump for HTTP.
mitmweb is a web-based interface for mitmproxy.
pathoc and pathod are perverse HTTP client and server applications designed to let you craft almost any conceivable HTTP request, including ones that creatively violate the standards.
- Intercept HTTP & HTTPS requests and responses and modify them on the fly
- Save complete HTTP conversations for later replay and analysis
- Replay the client-side of an HTTP conversations
- Replay HTTP responses of a previously recorded server
- Reverse proxy mode to forward traffic to a specified server
- Transparent proxy mode on OSX and Linux
- Make scripted changes to HTTP traffic using Python
- SSL/TLS certificates for interception are generated on the fly
- And much, much more…
- DNS support (#5232, @meitinger)
- Mitmproxy now requires Python 3.9 or above. (#5233, @mhils)
- Fix a memory leak in mitmdump where flows were kept in memory. (#4786, @mhils)
- Replayed flows retain their current position in the flow list. (#5227, @mhils)
- Periodically send HTTP/2 ping frames to keep connections alive. (#5046, @EndUser509)
- Console Performance Improvements (#3427, @BkPHcgQL3V)
- Warn users if server side event responses are received without streaming. (#4469, @mhils)
- Add flatpak support to the browser addon (#5200, @pauloromeira)
- Add example addon to dump contents to files based on a filter expression (#5190, @redraw)
- Fix a bug where the wrong SNI is sent to an upstream HTTPS proxy (#5109, @mhils)
- Make sure that mitmproxy displays error messages on startup. (#5225, @mhils)
- Add example addon for domain fronting. (#5217, @randomstuff)
- Improve cut addon to better handle binary contents (#3965, @mhils)
- Fix text truncation for full-width characters (#4278, @kjy00302)
- Fix mitmweb export copy failed in non-secure domain. (#5264, @Pactortester)
- Add example script for manipulating cookies. (#5278, @WillahScott)
- When opening an external viewer for message contents, mailcap files are not considered anymore.
This preempts the upcoming deprecation of Python’s
mailcapmodule. (#5297, @KORraNpl)
- Fix hostname encoding for IDNA domains in upstream mode. (#5316, @nneonneo)
- Fix hot reloading of contentviews. (#5319, @nneonneo)
- Ignore HTTP/2 information responses instead of raising an error. (#5332, @mhils)
- Improve performance and memory usage by reusing OpenSSL contexts. (#5339, @mhils)
- Fix handling of multiple Cookie headers when proxying HTTP/2 to HTTP/1 (#5337, @rinsuki)
Copyright (c) 2013, Aldo Cortesi. All rights reserved.